Light Roast, Highlander Grogg Flavored Ground Organic Coffee
When creating the profile for this Spring/Summer seasonal release, we took a few things into account, which we think most people consider as the weather starts to warm up:
So get ready to soak up the sunshine and enjoy an incredible organic flavored light roast coffee that tastes great served hot or refreshingly cold.
The specialty grade beans used as the base for this blend, grown in the volcanic soil’s of the Bugisu region of Uganda, are the perfect match for a supplement line up designed to help improve metabolism, vitality, and provide a balanced energy and mindset.
Soft notes of Irish cream, vanilla, and caramel set off this light roast Mt Elgon coffee with a creamy sun golden froth.
About the Beans: Shade grown in the fertile volcanic soils of Mt Elgon in the Bugisu region of Uganda 100% Organic Arabica coffee. Rainforest Alliance Certified. Fully Washed. Medium caffeine.
Tasting Notes: Light earthy sweetness, with nuggatlike mid tones combined with notes of caramel, Irish cream, and vanilla. Turmeric creates a creamy, full mouth feel. Mild Acidity.
Preparation: Brew however you typically brew your coffee. We suggest using 1-2 tbsp (1/3-1/2oz) ground coffee per 8-10oz water. Adjust to your preference. Learn our favorite brew method here!
Supplement Information: All of our supplements come from accredited sources and are third party tested. All of our ingredients meet the "GRAS" guidelines set by the FDA, which deems them as safe for human consumption.**
|Ingredient||per 12oz bag|
|Macuna (L- Dopa) Bean||3,700mg|
|L- Leucine||1,373 mg|
|Monk Fruit Extract||1,370 mg|
|Biotin (Vitamin B7)
|Organic Turmeric||750 mg|
|Organic Piperine (Black Pepper Extract)||1 mg|
L- Theanine is the main ingredient in our Cognition Blend due to its focus amplifying effects. This nootropic amino acid works synergistically with caffeine to counter the jitters and crash and creates a calming, stabilizing effect on the brain and mood.
Many studies support that combining theanine and caffeine improves cognitive performance and provides sustained energy.
(See our ingredients page to learn more and see cited articles)
Macuna Puriens - the Magic Velvet Bean
This extract is a Dopamine Booster that is rich in antioxidants and is said to support overall brain and cognitive function and help promote a healthy mood.
1. The Magic Velvet Bean of Mucuna pruriens. Lucia Raffaella Lampariello, Alessio Cortelazzo, Roberto Guerranti, Claudia Sticozzi, Giuseppe Valacchi. J Tradit Complement Med. 2012 Oct-Dec; 2(4): 331–339. doi: 10.1016/s2225-4110(16)30119-5. PMCID: PMC3942911
Monk Fruit- Luo Han Guo Extract
A multi-purpose supplement, this natural sweetener is not only loaded with nutrients and anti-inflammatory properties but also promotes weight loss. In addition, it can even help manage symptoms of seasonal allergies.
1. Anti-inflammatory Activities of Mogrosides from Momordica grosvenori in Murine Macrophages and a Murine Ear Edema Model. Rong Di, Mou-Tuan Huang, and Chi-Tang Ho. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 2011 59 (13), 7474-748. DOI: 10.1021/jf201207m
2. Low-calorie sweeteners and body weight and composition: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials and prospective cohort studies. Paige E Miller, Vanessa Perez. Am J Clin Nutr. 2014 Sep; 100(3): 765–777. Published online 2014 Jun 18. doi: 10.3945/ajcn.113.082826. PMCID: PMC4135487
This essential amino acid (meaning our bodies require it and it must be consumed through our diet) is responsible for many important functions. By helping you regulate blood sugar levels, boosting metabolism, and increasing energy levels, it helps with athletic endurance as well as weight and muscle maintenance.
1. Reviewing the Effects of l-Leucine Supplementation in the Regulation of Food Intake, Energy Balance, and Glucose Homeostasis João A.B. Pedroso, Thais T. Zampieri, Jose Donato, Jr. Nutrients. 2015 May; 7(5): 3914–3937. Published online 2015 May 22. doi: 10.3390/nu7053914. PMCID: PMC4446786
2. Donald K. Layman, The Role of Leucine in Weight Loss Diets and Glucose Homeostasis, The Journal of Nutrition, Volume 133, Issue 1, January 2003, Pages 261S–267S, https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/133.1.261S
Biotin- aka Vitamin B7.
While biotin has gained fame as a beauty booster, it does more than keep your hair, nails, and skin healthy. This vitamin also boosts metabolism and acts as a co-factor, meaning it helps enzymes break down fatty acids, glucose, and amino acids so your body can function properly.
- Rodríguez Meléndez, R. “Importancia del metabolismo de la biotina” [Importance of biotin metabolism]. Revista de investigacion clinica; organo del Hospital de Enfermedades de la Nutricion vol. 52,2 (2000): 194-9.
Turmeric is a flowering plant which is harvested for its rhizomes, which contain polyphenols, the most notable of which is curcumin. Curcumin has many pharmacological properties and potential health benefits. A powerful antioxidant, curcumin is a popular digestive healing agent used in ayurvedic medicine. It's anti-inflammatory properties benefit the GI-tract and arise from its ability to reduce NF-kB( nuclear factor kappa-light-chain-enhancer of activated B cells) which regulate cellular activity involving inflammation and cell survival. Studies also support the potential use for Turmeric in reducing symptoms of IBS.
Piperine Extract - Bioperine
Black pepper contains the bioactive compound piperine, which is has been shown to help relieve nausea, headaches and poor digestion and also has anti-inflammatory properties. It's most significant benefit may be its ability to boost the absorption of curcumin.
Research shows that combining the piperine with turmeric enhances curcumin absorption by up to 2,000%. It does this by slowing down the breakdown of curcumin by the liver, and making it easier for curcumin to pass through the intestinal wall and into your bloodstream.
Check out our Ingredients Page to learn more about how each ingredient works it’s magic and to see peer reviewed reference articles.
Enjoy your reading over a cup of Smart Owl Coffee in one of our signature blends.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
Obviously, our number one priority is for you to be healthy and happy! For this reason, Smart Owl Coffee offers a no questions asked, 100% moneyback guarantee on all of our coffees and products.
DRINK SMART. THINK SMART.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
**It is suggested to consult your physician if you have any conditions that you are unsure may be contraindicated. For healthy adults, the FDA has cited four or five cups of coffee as an amount not generally associated with dangerous, negative effects.