Cold Brew Lavender Latte
Spring has sprung! What better way to celebrate spring than with a refreshingly cold, pleasantly sweet, lavender latte. I’m not typically a cold coffee drinker, but this combination of soft botanicals, fluffy cream, and raw honey combined so well that I actually made seconds. Here’s how I did it:
To a cup:
- add 2-3oz coconut milk (or cream of choice)
- add 1 ounce of lavender infused honey (recipe below but see our How to infuse honey at home blog)
- add 1 tsp cooks almond powder
- froth until doubled in volume
To your glass:
- coat bottom of glass with honey
- add ice
- add 8 oz cold brew Balance Bland (See Cold Brew How To)
- add frothed cream
- stir and Enjoy!
To Make lavender infused honey
- Gently heat 1 c water in a pan
- Add 1tbsp cooks almond powder, 1tbsp vanilla extract, and 1/8c lavender flowers
- Simmer low for 5 minutes
- Let water cool to 104 degrees, then add approximately 1 c raw honey
- Stir until combined, then pour through sieve to separate out the lavender petals
- This maintains all of the benefits of the raw honey and allows it to remain shelf stable. You can refrigerate for peace of mind.
P.s. I thought the coconut cream frothed up really well and plan to try this recipe again with full fat coconut milk to get a little extra depth of flavor. I’ll let you know how it goes :-)
Be sure to follow us on Instagram and Facebook to see all of the fun recipes that we create and follow along on our coffee adventures!